Wednesday, May 26, 2010

don't try to tell me what to do

i think my mind is mourning the end of LOST which is why i have had no substantial ideas float through my head lately. i havent had many insubstantial ones i could really ramble about either. (last night was the first official tuesday night after the LOST finale.) i know, i know, this is really really pathetic on my part, but i have no say in what my brain decides to do. it's the boss of me, and really, what do you want me to do? go on strike? i think that may be what it's doing.

in an attempt to keep the rest of the post completely LOST free, let me tell you about something that has been really annoying me for weeks now. maybe even months. have any of you seen all of the new volkswagen commercials?? the punchdub ones?



okay, no, volkswagen. just, no. everyone and their mother can tell you that it is punch buggy. as in, you are looking for beetles specifically, not every vw under the sun. and you putting up commercials with some messed up version of the game will not make me relate to you or your car. it annoys me and makes me think that i wouldnt wanna buy something from a comapny who cant even play a game about their own cars right.

and then there's this gem.



even if we are pretending to play punchdub instead because we are sheep and just go with what others tell us to do, you can't play it in the freakin car dealership. the people who try and pull that off are the same people that yell at you while they are almost in tears for sitting in their seat in college, the ones who ask the stupidest questions that piss everyone off and then look around while laughing at their own joke and seem surprised to find everyone glaring at them, the ones that don't think a good joke can be killed. and i definitely don't want to be buying the same stuff as those kinds of people.

so, though i've heard people like these commercials, i have to say i absolutely hate them. i also hated the cavemen geico commercials with a passion, and those stupid guys got their own tv show. my faith in the population faded a bit after that.

target, on the other hand, always has some of my favorite commercials. for example, during the LOST finale (yeah, whatever, i lied. i'm talking about it.), they aired pure awesomeness. they had a couple, but my favorite was this.


you have to watch LOST to really get it, but it is awesome.

*Don't Tell Me - Avril Lavigne

5 comments:

  1. ok i haven't actually read though the whole post...but its volkswagen not volkwagen.. it was annoying me.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and yes i agree the commercials are stupid...but you gotta love stevie wonder...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops sorry. i dunno how that happened cause i know it's volkswagen. (lool i just typed volkwagen again, blame my hand.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped watching LOST when they opened the hatch. I had too many questions and I didn't like being ignored. I'm a teenager, blame it on my emotional need for attention and my strong urge to rebel. Rebellion has nothing to do with anything but my flow was heading there and I always go with my flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i know a lot of people who stopped watching around there. i think with this show, you just had to take a lot in stride. there were a lot of coincidences, a lot of random crap they salvaged from the plane crash that i wouldnt think would be there, and a lot of unsolved questions. at the end, you get the main story worked out, but are still left with a few mysteries. thats why people were so divided about the ending. some loved it, some hated it. some were just really stupid and were somehow confused by it.

    ReplyDelete