Saturday, May 29, 2010

i don't wanna fall asleep

i am dead tired but it is only ten:thirtyfour and i refuse to go to sleep this early. i have come to grips with the fact that i will occasionally sleep at eleven:something because i am getting old and it seems that makes me more tired some days, but ten is just ridiculous.

that is my explanation of why this post may end up being convoluted, confusing, and/or pointless. or my excuse or whatever.

facebook is intimidating me. i started to spend less and less time on it over the past i dunno how long. this might have been in direct relation to the increased number of family members on it that were creating accounts like it was going out of fashion and the random weirdos that insist on adding me as a friend even when i reject them. repeatedly. now, i go on when someone tells me to upload pictures or to occasionally check my wall. because of this, i have a gazillion things to check on that go unchecked because there are just too many of them. here's what my facebook tells me when i go in:


do you see that 69 next to messages? yeah, that's how many messages i still have to read and get back to. wouldnt you avoid it, too?

oh, nephew story because it made me laugh. i had this crossword puzzle book on my bed. it looks a little like this:


except there's over 300 puzzles and the pencil is the yellow-orange color of a number two pencil instead of purple. so my nephew is sitting in my lap and we're watching the wiggles. all of a sudden he gives me a guilty/suspicious/trying to be slick look, then he slowly slides his hand over to the book and tries to pick up the pencil in the picture. (i always take away pencils he gets a hand on.) he cant get it on the first, second, or third try, seeing as it's part of the picture and all and starts to get frustrated. after complaining to me about the "pen" (the way he says pen is hilariously adorable) i show him that it's just a picture. then he tried to act all cool and pretend that he knew it wasnt real by going to touch it and laughing his fake "haha i got you" laugh.

oh, and doesnt the word anonymous remind you of hippopotamus? and doesnt that make you want to laugh just not out loud? no? just me? okay then.

*I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith

4 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamus...love it!

    and awwww zazu is sooo adorable mashallah :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, he takes after his aunt. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

    this is the post that started my name...hard to believe i've been anonymous hippopotamus for nearly a year now

    ReplyDelete