Saturday, December 19, 2009

let me do those things

i have gotten far too used to the freedom of writing style that blogger gives me... to the extent that i can barely tolerate anything else. i was on msn messenger the other day and you know what?? it didnt let me use italics to emphasize my point. i had to either italicize the entire thing i was writing or nothing at all. can you believe it?? the audacity of some people... or things. i mean, how is someone supposed to read the nuances of my speech if everything is the same font?? they cant! punctuation can only take you so far. so of course no one can tell the difference between statements like "it was really bad" and "it was really bad." the second has more of a shocked factor than the first, but you dont get that if both are "it was really bad." and some of my humor falls flat without the aid of italics and bolds to help those that are slightly slow pick up on it.

it's a shame, really.

anyways, it's snowing like crazy here... has been all night. and my stupid neighbor (the husband of the couple that hates us) is already shoveling his driveway. it's still snowing and i know for a fact that he's not going anywhere, but he cant just wait a little while and let the neighborhood look pretty and white. nooo he has to mess it all up before it even gets the chance. now there are footprints and stripes of cement and piles of disrupted snow. and it's all right outside my window. grr. the only upside is that he's been out there for at least half an hour and every time he gets to the bottom of the driveway the whole thing is white again (this happens, you know, when you try to shovel when its still snowing).

*Let Me - Rihanna

8 comments:

  1. He'll be out there for awhile. Mother Nature will prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol he just gave up and went back inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. five hours later, that is the wise choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. msn used to let me italicize one word only if i wanted or bold it..

    and i agree with u bout the snow thing..but at the same time i wish i had shoveled at least after the first foot fell. cuz now my car is totally stuck. TOTALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe it's just me. msn doesnt particularly like me...

    and why do you need your car anyway?? you're not going anywhere and your car sucks in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE that msn doesn't let me italicize. It actually hurts. And it allows you when you have msn plus, which I don't because I have a mac -_-

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm maybe i'll need to download msn plus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not my car...my car is still under mounds of snow....hish's dads car. we have to go to freaking maryland to pick up his stupid bro-in-law and sis from the airport.. cuz the tickets were cheaper to bwi than they were to dulles. i sed send them a taxi.

    ReplyDelete