Thursday, December 24, 2009

makes no sense at all

i have this weird slightly OCDish habit when it comes to series that i own. i cant just read/watch one from it. i have to do the entire thing.

for example, my grandma was here a couple of weeks ago. this means lots of distraction in the form of scrabble games and making lunches. it was also the last couple weeks of school so i had an overwhelmingly large pile of work haunting me. the boys were also in the middle of the their my-teacher-is-psycho-and-wants-twenty-posters-a-day-on-everything-under-the-sun phase. so there was a lot to do. but i felt like reading. knowing that i didnt have the time or the attention to really get into a book, i picked up twilight. light, entertaining reading. when i finished twilight i read new moon. school ends, my grandma leaves, and i suddenly have time to read again. but i cant read the backlog of books i have stacked by my bed because i still havent finished the twilight saga. i am now three quarters of the way through breaking dawn and looking forward to starting my break books.

another example, whenever i feel like rereading a harry potter book, i end up reading the entire series. beginning to end. or sometimes middle to end then beginning to middle.

and it's not just books. if i ever start watching my gilmore girls dvds, it happens too. i start by watching that one episode that had come to mind, and next thing i know it's three weeks later and all seven seasons have been played. crazy.

*Makes No Sense - Outkast

4 comments:

  1. I usually just read/watch what I want at the time. Sometimes it would be just this one chapter in a book, and I'd go open that page and read it, although I do sometimes end up finishing the book, but hey that's fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i was like that. sometimes it's just a particular scene or chapter i wanna read, too, but i end up reading the characters' entire life stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm currently reading the chamber of secrets, with the rest of the series stacked tauntingly on my desk. i think i have your ocd too. i should be doing my grad school application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. applications suck. i should be doing embassy stuff so they'll pay for grad school, but im not.

    ReplyDelete