Tuesday, December 1, 2009

we are not what you think we are

my flash drive suffers from a very extreme case of napoleon syndrome. it has egotistical issues. if it had a head, it would be extremely swelled. my flash drive thinks that it is a hard drive.

it thinks it has its own operating system to run, with system files and everything. it created for itself a recycle bin which i cannot delete. it created a whole bunch of hidden system files that it likes to bring out and wave around when it feels that i am not treating it with enough respect.

it is strange, that flash drive.

and in spite of that, or maybe because of that, i love it. it has character. it has ambition. it refuses to be limited to what life told it it had to be. it wants to be its own computer and by golly it will be.

i got this flash drive last fall. a friend got it from the auto show and gave it to me. since then, it has become my number one school accessory, because my other flash drive was a fatty that liked to eat my files. i have no idea why.

hmm i guess i really dont have many normal flash drives.

*We Are Golden - Mika

2 comments: