Sunday, December 20, 2009

tell me only lies

we went out this morning to deal with the mountains of snow outside. and by deal i mean take pictures of my parents shoveling and offer to help when theyre almost done. (i'll post a picture as soon as i get them off my camera.) we were also planning on taking the brothers sledding. after playing around our driveway for a bit, though, brother number 2 had enough cold and wetness and went back inside to watch tv. me, my sister, and brother number 1 went to go sledding. it didnt work. at all. the snow was too dry and powdery and deep. you just sank right down into it and sat there for a while. it wasnt really wet enough to even make snow balls either. so after a while we head back to the driveway to see how far my parents got on the shoveling. i smile at my neighbor (the one that was shoveling yesterday) and he glares at me in a truly neighborly fashion. my sister starts saying how he looks lonely and we should offer to help him shovel. i didnt agree.

my dad starts talking to the dude, and he looked just as shocked as i was. but they get to talking and he says that the home owners association sent out a message saying that the balconies would collapse under the weight of the snow so you had to shovel that. so we do. my sister and i actually helped with that. and then we played baseball on the balcony with snow balls and the shovel. and danced around a bit. and talked about how the neighbor probably made the whole thing up just to laugh at us cause he hates us.

we go back inside and my mom had checked her email. the home owner's association hadnt sent anything. :/

on a completely unrelated note, this dude from a bunch of my classes had gone to senegal to visit family for the vacation. he left on thursday. he called me yesterday because he had forgotten to ask me what i wanted. he called me from senegal. we've been friends for a while, and i had edited a couple of his papers this semester, and he wanted to get me something to thank me. i felt special.

*House Lights - Steven Strait

2 comments:

  1. OH I WANT SOMETHING FROM SENEGAL!!! tell him to get you something very senegal-ly... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i'm sure he'd get you something if you asked. it's jules, in case you hadnt figured that out.

    ReplyDelete