Thursday, November 12, 2009

go ahead as you waste your days with thinking

so i have had writer's block over the past few days... both in my novel and my blog, which explains the stagnant state of both. my word count has risen less than a thousand words in three days. remember sunday when i wrote seven thousand words in one day? no? well, you'll have to take my word for it then. and remember back when my blog used to contain posts more interesting than an exaggerated hate for picture days? actually, that time may not have ever existed, but let's just pretend.

this is a weird type of writer's block, though. i have tons of ideas. that's not the problem at all. and i have words that go with those ideas, so i'm good on that front. and though i have had less time than usual to write, there are times when i sit refreshing my email repeatedly hoping for someone to contact me. so where's the writer's block, you're probably wondering. well, those ideas and words and everything are so comfortable in my head, that they refuse to take the trip down to my fingers where they can then be put on screen or paper. i sit there with my keyboard silent and my pen unmoving and plead with my brain to not be such a selfish bum.

but it doesnt listen.

so my character is sitting on her bed rereading the first sentance from the latest letter she recieved while the ideas for what comes next are having a party in my head, laughing at poor audrey and the pause in her story that she is unable to overcome.

the blog post ideas go unwritten until it is so after the fact that they will never be written. sad, i know.

but by four thirty today i'll be finished with classes for the week, so i'm thinking of forcing my thoughts out onto paper. i'm assembling a team of highly-trained, armed soldiers to do the marching.

on a different note, i had lunch yesterday with an elementary/middle/high school/college friend that i havent seen in forever - like since march or april. and that made my week.

*Move Along - The All-American Rejects

2 comments:

  1. audrey is such an ugly name...and u will now find an inbox full of emails. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. take that up with her... she came ready named. and umm one emails hardly constitutes an inbox full.

    ReplyDelete