Tuesday, November 10, 2009

tonight i'll sit and pick apart your pictures

today is picture day, or "senior portrait taking day" as my email prefers to call it. but it's still a picture day.

i have always hated picture days. always. though most people didnt know. i think it might come from the fact that i'm incredibly unphotogenic when it comes to picture days. my face seems to morph into some strange other person the night before a picture day. i'm not saying i'm incredibly photogenic the rest of the year, but it's better than picture days. (i realize i overused the word picture day. i just woke up. which also explains why the title doesnt quite fit. leave me alone.)

but the photogenicness is not the only thing that makes me hate them. i really can't explain why the thought of picture day brings up thoughts of shoving bamboo splinters under my nails and stabbing myself with a rusty knife, but it does.

most people i know, if not all, love them, for whatever crazy reason. i think one of my favorite things about leaving grade school is the escape from yearly pictures.

so why am i putting myself through this torture, you may ask? my mom is making me. :/

and i feel sick today. i dont know if its my body's defense against this evil day or if i'm really sick. and i cant skip class because i skipped last week's quiz so this one's counting as double. double zeros is not a very good way to try and up my current quiz score.

on a happy note, i'm almost to the halfway mark of my novel.

*All Hail the Heartbreaker - The Spill Canvas

4 comments:

  1. Damn, yo. Rock that novel!

    I never knew Mason had a yearbook. I will pass thank you very much. If they're that desperate for a picture of me, they can just substitute a gorilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOL about the gorilla. and yes, they have a yearbook with a print AND dvd section, because people really need that.

    the novel will most likely be unrocked today, because theres too much stuff going on. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're ahead anyway, and you planned for this day of unrock... and you know you want to be featured in the DVD section, talking about how you love all your Mason classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( i only have 5000 words... i started to write... and for some reason im feeling incredibly dizzy.. like even right now the screen in blurring and i feel like any second im going to collapse and faint.

    ReplyDelete