Thursday, November 5, 2009

i’m just sitting here, i ain’t saying much

so i'm sitting here, in the school library at the campus in the middle of nowhere, and i really should be working on the website i stupidly said i'd have done by the end of this/next week at the latest. instead, i'm thinking of my "novel" back on joe at home and how i really should be upping my word count (have you noticed that the word count has remained unchanged from yesterday morning? no? maybe you should spend less time on your life then and more staring at my blog to change) since words are supposedly easy to come by in the first week and become a major struggle later on. i couldn't write last night because of unseen circumstances that included searching through two years worth of daily high and low temperatures and answering random questions. harder than it sounds. but i cant do that, either, so i'll just sit here and write a blog.

there's nothing much to write about, but when has that ever stopped me before? actually there is a post i want to write, but i want to put a little more thought into it than what my brain is giving me right now. so instead, you can read about how i finally solved the mystery of how to please my psychotic professor and get my group to work and not do anything else majorly life-consuming on this project. readyy for it? we are making a separate database thing along with the website which optimizes the user's ability to search for a house using information imported from the mls which we are instead going to fill with dummy data since you have to pay for mls data. two group members have been assigned by me the job of making the database (one the back-end and one the front-end) because i claimed to have practically no memory of databases at all. i said i'd finish up the website by myself and made it sound dramatic as if i wasnt already doing it by myself, too. so professor is happy because she loved the database idea, i'm happy because i dont have to anything, and group members should be happy because they will no longer recieve comments saying they did nothing. it has changed from a lose-lose situation to a win-win-win. amazing, right??

oh, and i got offered a substitute teaching position at my old high school which i had to turn down because i still have classes. but they told me to call back in december and they'll most likely have an IT or computer teacher sub job for me.

so that was my day. pretty good, if i may say so myself. the only bad thing is i wont be home till nine so that nanowrimo word count will stay at 11,131 words until tonight at the earliest. how was yours?

*Sittin' Here - Dizzee Rascal

2 comments:

  1. whatttt?
    sub at ISA? like you're gonna be the new ustath omar?

    remember when morooj's sister was a sub in fifth grade? i can't believe we've reached the were-so-old-we-can-work-in-isa stage. fml.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes omg can you believe it?! except i'd be the new abla athraa because the HR person said it was middle/high school that they needed right now. who knows what'll happen by december, though. i'm still not sure about it, though.
    finally someone who realizes that reaching the were-so-old-we-can-work-in-isa stage is a crazy big deal. everyone i tell says there's nothing weird about me having my teachers as colleagues. abla noha, abla rajaa, abla najma they'd all be my "fellow teachers." weird.

    ReplyDelete