Sunday, November 1, 2009

we're here! we're here! doesn't anybody want to give a cheer?

have you looked at a calendar lately?? if not, let me be the first to share the good news. it's FINALLY november! yes, no more talking about plans for nanowrimo. no more worrying if i'll have time to write. no more complaining that i have nothing to write about. because... nanowrimo is upon us. thirty days and thirty nights of literary abandon starts now. actually... it started eight hours and forty minutes ago for us on the eastern coast of the US.

and let me tell you, the wait for midnight yesterday was awful. it didnt matter that i had no idea what to write about. the fact that i couldnt write until midnight made me need to write. and there were still hours and hours to go. so what did i do to waste time? i took a shower. i did a crossword puzzle. i watched moulin rouge! and checked my mail obsessively. i even signed in to msn messenger (those you who know me will realize what a big thing that is) but no one was on to entertain me. i went downstairs and almost had a heart attack because i thought time was moving backwards (turns out my parents just moved the clocks back a couple hours early so they wouldnt forget).

and then, finally, it came. it was november and i could start. and i opened up a fresh page in open office and just took the plunge. i have no idea what i'm writing. it's not really what i was vaguely expecting to, but we'll just see where this goes. let me tell you, i'm already having trouble with the whole 'dont edit' concept. my back space button is still being used too much. my inner editor has not yet been successfully bound and gagged for the month, but i'm working on that.

anyways, you see that little bar up in the left hand corner? the one that says nanowrimo word count? well, that is my... nanowrimo word count. werent expecting that, were you?? that is so you can all see how i'm faring throughout the month. my goal is to write two thousand words a day. which would mean i would finish in twenty five days because i have a feeling i'll miss a day or two. that means i have fourteen hundred words left for today. eek.

*I'm Mad - The Animaniacs

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your nanowrimo word account, and I know it sounds like an excuse, but I'm too busy too write _-_

    I am also too terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tooly... i get the too terrified part. for as long as i can remember i wanted to be a writer, if i cant do this, or do it really suckily, i think i'll die. but at the same time, i'll never know if i can or cant write if i dont try, you know. double edged sword.

    ash... thank you!

    ReplyDelete