Thursday, November 26, 2009

i'm not thankful

in case you are not fortunate enough to be living in america and taking part in a day dedicated solely to stuffing your face with turkey and mashed potatoes, today is thanksgiving. people say the real reason for thanksgiving has nothing to do with food and is to give thanks for everything in your life and whatever, but we all know that these are just the people who don't have a good cook making their meal. it really is all about the food.

but in spirit of the day, here's a list of things that i am not thankful for. (the thankful one would be oh so cliche and boring). there's ten because in elementary school we had to say ten things we were thankful for.

1. i am not thankful for the misconception that leggings are interchangeable with pants.

2. i am not thankful for people who think a grey cloud changes every speed limit to ten mph.

3. i am not thankful for batteries that die just when you really need them (like an iPod just as the bus starts to move).

4. i am not thankful for the increase in movie ticket prices.

5. i am not thankful for professors who refuse to post grades.

6. i am not thankful for moronic group members.

7. i am not thankful for the fact that the "u" was kicked out of the word forty.

8. i am not thankful for group papers. stupidest project idea ever.

9. i am not thankful for hair that falls out in the shower.

10. i am not thankful for how easy it is to forget about a whole thing of yogurt in your fridge and then when it goes bad lie and say it smells like cheese when it really is just absolutely awful smelling.

what are you not thankful for?

*Don't think I'm Not Thankful - Michael English (yes, i did completely manipulate the lyrics to fit my post)

2 comments:

  1. I am not thankful for the stubbornness of exercise.

    I am not thankful for the people who don't wash their hands.

    I am not thankful for the attention seeking, and the always annoying people I happen to be around.

    I am not thankful for the in-existence of movie theaters in this dump I call home.

    I am not thankful for my constantly full bladder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god yes to all of those except the movie theater one because it doesnt apply to me.

    ReplyDelete