Thursday, April 30, 2009

fade away

it's amazing how those trivial facts that used to come to the top of your mind in less than a second get buried under the accumulation of other worthless facts until they completely fade away. example: i used to know all the professors in the harry potter series, along with a whole bunch of other stuff about that world. dorky? maybe... but still true. so last night i was doing one of the sporcle lists about the staff of hogwarts, and i couldnt for the life of me remember the history of magic professor (i kept thinking it was banes... it's binns :/) or the death eater who taught defense against the dark arts in the last book (carrow). i used to know those.

so i'm not saying that hogwarts professors are things i'll die if i forget, but it makes you wonder... what else have i forgotten??

*Could it Be Any Harder - The Calling

2 comments:

  1. this happens to me too, and it terrifies the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is daily life for me, I try to recount the name of the character I just read about and I'd forget or a topic I just took or anything else for that matter, I'm used to it but it always makes me sad how forgetful I am

    ReplyDelete