Tuesday, April 7, 2009

paranoia is haunting you

being an IT major has made me paranoid. seriously. learning how easy it is to hack into a system, spoof an account, steal an identity, stalk... it's made me very paranoid about what i do on computers. for example, my credit card was declined today at chik-fil-a. why?? i have no idea. i used it last night and it worked fine. i'm sure there's money in the account. it isn't expired, hasn't been exposed to magnets. it just wouldnt work. i wanted to check my account, but i didnt have joe with me and was too paranoid to use the library's. yes, i know the library computers are pretty safe since no one can download anything onto them and there was no one around to look over my shoulder to steal my account information. but i kept hearing my professors' voices in my head, and i couldnt do it.

*The Dutch Courage - The Spill Canvas

2 comments:

  1. i'm paranoid about copyright infringement, i think everything i do could be thought of as plagiarism. i don't intend it, but i mean there are 6 million people in the world, there's gotta be someone out there who thinks on the same thread as me, right? it could happen, he could sue me, and technically we just have the same ideas.
    lol rant of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres this one professor that basically rules the security concentration i'm in... hes a copyright freak. he even copyrights his tests. i now cite every single thing in everything i hand in, down to giving my parents credit for my name.

    ReplyDelete